BigPictureBigSound Forum: Movies, Home Theater, HDTV and Blu-ray Disc - Powered by vBulletin
Home | About Us | Contact Us | Shop With Us | Site Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Netflix Watch Instantly on Panasonic Blu Ray DMP-BD65

Default Trouble with Netflix Watch Instantly on Panasonic Blu Ray DMP-BD65

I have a Panasonic Blu Ray player that I've been using to watch Netflix watch instantly for almost a year now. All of a sudden, since yesterday, when I go to the Netflix app on the network, it is unable to play any of my watch instantly titles. It says "Sorry, we are unable to play this title at this time, please try again later". I've contacted Netflix, however they're stating there's nothing wrong with their network at this time. I've contacted support at the Panasonic site, and am waiting for a reply.
    The netflix app is the only one that isn't working at this time, all the other apps seem fine, so I don't think it's an internet connection. I did power off and restart the DVD player and checked all the connections. Any other suggestions?

Any trouble accessing your Netflix queue from a PC within the same home network? I have seen this kind of error crop up if the home network connection gets hosed for some reason.

I would try re-booting the network router, which will mean everything (including the player) has to reconnect to it, and see if this changes anything.

-CB
    Chris Boylan
    Editor in Chief
    Big Picture Big Sound

My laptop and pc both are able to watch Netflix without a problem. I restarted the router, still no luck.

And is it definitely only Netflix affected? Can you stream from VUDU and Amazon VOD? There are free titles you can stream on Amazon and you can preview the first couple of minutes fo a title on VUDU. No problems with them?
    Chris Boylan
    Editor in Chief
    Big Picture Big Sound

Yes only Netflix was affected. I say was, because it appears to be working now! Thanks for attempting to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Cara3177 View Post
    My laptop and pc both are able to watch Netflix without a problem. I restarted the router, still no luck.
    There are a couple of things you can try which might work around the problem. In Netflix, log into your account and get into "Manage Devices." Find the BD65 and remove it from your list of devices. Now when you try to get into Netflix on the BD65, you should get a new activation code and you can go to Netflix.com/activate to reactivate the player. If that doesn't work, the more drastic fix is to do a reset on the player itself. This may lose account information if you've set that up for different streaming accounts. Here's how you do a reset on the BD65 or BD85:

To do a hard reset of the BD85, do the following (from the user manual):

To return all settings to the factory preset.
    ?? Reset the unit as follows:
    1 While the unit is off, press and hold [OK], [B] and [Y] on
    the remote control at the same time for more than
    5 seconds.
    – “00 RET” is displayed on the unit’s display.
    2 Repeatedly press [1] (right) on the remote control or
    [POWER /I] on the unit until “08 FIN” is displayed on the
    unit's display.
    3 Press and hold [OK] on the remote control or [< OPEN/
    CLOSE] on the unit for at least 3 seconds.

BTW I did test this on a BD85 and Netflix is working fine here so this isn't a problem across the board for all owners. Something unique to your Netflix account or some interaction with your ISP or something.

Are you using the Panasonic wireless adapter or a hard-wired network connection?

-CB
    Chris Boylan
    Editor in Chief
    Big Picture Big Sound

Quote Originally Posted by Cara3177 View Post
    Yes only Netflix was affected. I say was, because it appears to be working now! Thanks for attempting to help!
    OK, glad you're back up and running. I had typed up that earlier reply before receiving this update but posted it anyway as others might benefit from it if they run into the same situation.

Might be an intermittent problem. Good luck!

-CB
    Chris Boylan
    Editor in Chief
    Big Picture Big Sound

Default Same trouble here is fix

I had the exact problem, I have 2 bd-65s and one was working with Netflix as well as a Wii, xbox, computer etc. I followed the above advice and the bd65 continued to access my Netflix account, I unplugged power, network etc but the player still accessed the account even though deactivated. I did the hard reset and was able to deactivate the player and wah la it's working again.
    At some point it must have been deactivated or something, but the problem was the bd65 would not let go of the account and I could still see the account but not able to play.

Thanks for the help I'm back up and running!!

Default BD65 resets during Netflix Streaming

I've had the BD65 for about a year and in the past several months started using Netflix. It has an annoying tendency to shut down and restart while streaming instant movies. I've got it hardwired into my home network which is connected to DSL operating at about 1-1.2mbps.
    When it occurs the TV screen goes black, the BD65 still displays "NET" on its face then the TV Screen displays the Blu-Ray logo, the player displays HDMI, and resets to the menu where I have to again choose "Network" and reaccess NetFlix to resume the movie.
    I've updated the firmware, set autoshut off to "Off", and tried different settings that might interfere with the streaming to no avail. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Default Same Problem 1/3

I'm having the "Sorry, we are unable to play this title at this time, please try again later" on my Panasonic BD-85. it's been doing it all day. Figures though, since I stayed home sick today and Netflix decides not to work. Netflix is working properly on my Xbox 360, PC, Mac, Ipad, Nintendo 3DS. Just not on my blu ray player. I'm wondering if Veira Cast is down, or something.

I'm going to give it til tomorrow to see if the problem corrects itself. Then, I'll start doing all the reset stuff. What's really weird is that when I log into my Netlix account on a computer and try to manage my watch instantly devices it shows ZERO devices activated. Weird, huh?