Hi,

I've got a couple questions:

1) What's the difference between a 2 way 5mhz-1Ghz splitter that has 1 IN, 1 TAP and 1 OUT vs one that has 1 IN and 2 OUT connections?

2) I have a 4 way 5mhz-2.4Ghz splitter that has 1 IN and 4 OUTS with passive power going from 1 IN to 1 OUT. I have two digital cable set boxes for 2 TVs, 2 HSI cable modems (one with a Gb port which also feeds into a wireless router with Gb ports and the other is for a digital voice modem) and a QAM tuner/hybrid stick that connects to my notebook (either through WinTV (not too well) or Windows Media Center (not too well either)). I think this splitter is better than the 4 way 5mhz-2.4Ghz splitter that has 1 IN and 4 OUTS with passive power going from 1 IN to ALL 4 OUTs since I end up losing signal quality based on connection priority. So am I having connectivity issues with my QAM because i don't have it set up on the OUT that has passive power? or is my logic totally flawed and i don't even have the right splitter?

3) Also, is RG6 coaxial cable appropriate to connect all 5 of these items together on the 1 4 way splitter and 1 2 way splitter branched off one 4 way?

Thanks!